Ever thought about coming up with more creative ways to take CBD? If yes, then cocktails may be something you’re interested in. If regular marijuana is used as a treatment for stress and depression, then it makes sense to add some of that soothing quality when serving out drinks to your pals.
Check out these simple CBD cocktails – they may come in handy the next time you have some people over for drinks and banter. One thing about CBD is that it makes you chill, and might actually be useful for some of your more anxious friends.
⦁ 1/2 cup ice
⦁ 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
⦁ 1/4 cup lime juice
⦁ 1 tbsp infused maple syrup
1. Get all the ingredients and put them into a blender for a few minutes (until smooth).
2. Best served in rimmed glasses.
CBD Infused Green Derby
⦁ 0.5 oz. honey syrup
⦁ 1 oz. grapefruit juice
⦁ 1 oz. infused bourbon
⦁ 0.5 oz. lemon juice
1. Mix up all the ingredients in a shaker for a minute.
2. Serve with soda water to add taste.
CBD Mint Julep
⦁ 15 mg CBD tincture
⦁ 4 mint leaves (and a few extra for garnish)
⦁ 1/2-ounce simple syrup
⦁ 2 1/2 ounces bourbon
1. Mash the leaves in a cup and add the CBD tincture as well as the syrup.
2. Add bourbon into the mix.
3. Use a few more leaves for garnish and add pebble ice.
⦁ 4 cups of water
⦁ Lemon juice
⦁ CBD tincture
⦁ 2-ounce vodka
⦁ Simple syrup
1. Mix the ingredients in a cocktail shaker.
2. Add ice and shake again for 20 seconds.
3. Serve the cocktail in a martini glass and garnish with orange twist.
CBD Infused Caramel Latte
⦁ 1 cup of milk
⦁ One drop vanilla extract
⦁ 1/2 tbspspirulina powder
⦁ 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
⦁ 1 cup of ice
⦁ One drop spearmint (optional)
⦁ One dropper CBD oil (mint chocolate)
1. Put the ingredients (except ice and CBD extract) in a blender and blitz for 60 seconds.
2. Put in the CBD and ice and blend again for 30 seconds.
3. Serve chilled with stevia to taste (optional).
⦁ 2 oz. vodka
⦁ 3.4 oz. lime juice
⦁ 1/4 oz/ CBD syrup
⦁ 3/4 oz. cranberry juice cocktail
⦁ Orange twist
1. Mix the ingredients in a cocktail shaker for 30 seconds.
2. Add ice and shake again for 20 seconds.
3. Serve in a martini glass with a slotted spoon or strainer.
4. Use the orange twist for garnish.
Am I going to get stoned?
All of CBD Central’s products are CBD-based, meaning they don’t make you high. What makes these cocktails great is they give you a buzz while also killing all sense of anxiety; and with everyone enjoying themselves, it makes the social setting much more dynamic. CBD is known to increase the amount of serotonin released in the body – it’s a lot like weed but without any of the paranoia and weird vibes.
If you live in a major city, then you may have come across a bartender mixing up a CBD cocktail. For a lot of younger people, this is a way to enjoy drinks without the usual effects of intoxication – though that largely depends on how much you drink. But aside from that, putting CBD into your cocktails changes how you experience alcohol.
Keep in mind that overdrinking will still get you sick, but there is evidence that CBD makes people less nauseous and might actually reduce the effects of intoxication.
Common questions about CBD cocktails
Q: How do you add CBD to drinks and food?
A: CBD can be used safely on foods and beverages – typically in the form of oils and tinctures. Making drinks with CBD syrups and other infusions allows you to enjoy the same effects you get from other CBD products, but in this case it is consumed as a beverage.
Q: Is there a difference between tinctures and oils?
A: CBD tinctures are alcohol-based, and CBD oil, just as the name suggests, is oil-based. When using CBD oil, it is drizzled on the drinks or infused with the ingredients. One possible downside with oil bases is that they don’t always blend well with the ingredients and may pool at the bottom of the glass. But tinctures, on the other hand, make smoother drinks.
Q: How does the alcohol interact with CBD?
A: It’s pretty simple; there should be a balance between the alcohol and CBD. Using too much alcohol will make it impossible to experience the effects of CBD – and vice versa.
Q: Is there a strict dosage to these cocktails?
A: No. Dosages vary depending on the kind of impact you want to feel from the drinks. Just keep the CBD and alcohol content proportional. When starting out, lower dosages are recommended, at least until you get used to it.
CBD cocktails are fun
It takes just minutes to whip up one of these cocktails, so the next time you have time to make a fresh, chilled, drink for yourself or other company, you have at least six different recipes to pick from.